Honey Wheat Zucchini Bread
- zucchini, grated 945 ml4 cups
- unbeached flour 945 ml4 cups
- whole wheat flour 475 ml2 cups
- eggs, beaten 300 ml6 eggs
- honey 235 ml1 cup
- packed brown sugar 235 ml1 cup
- vegetable oil 120 ml1/2 cup
- cinnamon, ground 30 ml2 tbl
- baking powder 10 ml2 tsp
- baking soda 10 ml2 tsp
- salt 10 ml2 tsp
- vanilla 5 ml1 tsp
- Scrub the zucchini with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse before grating.
- In a bowl sift together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Mix in the oil, brown sugar, and honey until even.
- Combine the shredded zucchini with the wet ingredient bowl and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
- Grease and flour three 8 x 4 x 2 in loaf pan. Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Test by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf. When withdrawn free of batter, the bread has finished cooking.
- Transfer to wire racks after 15 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Wheat zucchini bread baked with honey and brown sugar.