Pineapple Island Zucchini Bread
- flour, unbleached 710 ml3 cups
- pineapple, crushed 530 ml18 oz
- zucchini, grated 475 ml2 cups
- cane sugar 355 ml1 1/2 cups
- vegetable oil 235 ml1 cup
- eggs 200 ml4 eggs
- vanilla extract 10 ml2 tsp
- baking soda 7.5 ml1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder 7.5 ml1 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground 7.5 ml1 1/2 tsp
- salt 5 ml1 tsp
- nutmeg, ground 3.5 ml 3/4 tsp
- Scrub the zucchini with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse before grating.
- In a bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Mix in the oil, cane sugar, and vanilla extract until even.
- Combine the shredded zucchini and pineapple with the wet ingredient bowl and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 x 2 in loaf pan. Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Test by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf. When withdrawn free of batter, the bread has finished cooking.
- Transfer to wire racks after 15 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Tropical zucchini bread cooked with pineapple, vanilla, and cinnamon.